Create custom item decals
This guide will explain how to create custom decals for items like the Conscientious Objector. These decals can also be used on vanilla servers with a few extra steps.
How To Use
- Prepare a 128x128 PNG images you want to use for the decals
- Create a new TF2 Guide with this link (do not publish it): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/editguide/?appid=440
- Put one of your decal images as a thumbnail, type whatever you want in text boxes (they are not published anyway)
- In the next step, put additional decal images, if any.
- Right click the uploaded images and copy the image URL.
- Visit https://testing.potato.tf/generateattr.html
- Paste the image URL and copy the result into your TFBot of choice
How to use in Vanilla MvM (cosmetics only)
Equip the item with this command on our testing servers, replacing the numbers with your own attribute numbers:
sig_makeitem @me "The Conscientious Objector" "custom texture lo" "x05ECED38" "custom texture hi" "x17A1F0CA"
. Then execute another command:
From console, copy values marked in red, without parentheses, and use those as attribute value for custom texture lo and custom texture hi respectively