Create custom item decals
This guide will explain how to create custom decals for items like the Conscientious Objector. These decals can also be used on vanilla servers with a few extra steps.
How To Use[edit | edit source]
- Prepare a 128x128 PNG images you want to use for the decals
- Create a new TF2 Guide with this link (do not publish it): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/editguide/?appid=440
- Put one of your decal images as a thumbnail, type whatever you want in text boxes (they are not published anyway)
- In the next step, put additional decal images, if any.
- Right click the uploaded images and copy the image URL.
- Visit https://testing.potato.tf/generateattr.html
- Paste the image URL and copy the result into your TFBot of choice
How to use in Vanilla MvM (cosmetics only)[edit | edit source]
Equip the item with this command on our testing servers, replacing the numbers with your own attribute numbers:
sig_makeitem @me "The Conscientious Objector" "custom texture lo" "x05ECED38" "custom texture hi" "x17A1F0CA"
. Then execute another command:
From console, copy values marked in red, without parentheses, and use those as attribute value for custom texture lo and custom texture hi respectively